Saturday, April 7, 2012

EASTER TIME AND TIME TO GIVE THANKS - NOT FOR WHAT WE RECEIVE BUT TO THE MAN THAT'S RESPONSIBLE - JESUS CHRIST

          It's a beautiful morning and I'm itchin' to get started on finishing the baby-barn; my future art studio, where hopefully, come next winter when the icy cold wind starts blowin' and the snow is fallin, I'll be as snug as a bug and be able to concentrate on some of my artistic endeavours that sometimes go whirlin' round and round inside my addled head.  However, after checking out the material resources, I found that I'm more than a little bit short - this could well be another how to build a somewhat major project with very little money.  The baby-barn needs windows, doors, a floor, loft and the exterior and interior walls need finishing, not to mention the high ceiling and the insulation.  I can hear my wallet and bank account weeping  and the credit card is going boo-hoo as well or is it laughing; I think the bank likes it when we're all strung out by our thread-bare britches and distressed about how are we going to pay our bills, especially with all that interest just adding up.
          I put my brand new Sears' Craftsman table saw together yesterday but since I'm somewhat of a putsch when it comes to putting something together, except jigsaw puzzles, I'm still, as yet, haven't even plugged the electrical cord in, never mind push the big red start button.  The table saw was neatly packed in a big box and came with a great looking instruction book with a lot of highlighted "not to do" instructions as well.  At least I thought everything looked clear in the instruction book until I started putting the saw together.  Turned out that all the parts, nuts and bolts and other accessories were listed ABCD etc. but when it came to installing them correctly, the diagram schematics, instead of letters, used numbers.  However, as per usual, I managed to put it together with a lot of things, hopefully not essential parts, left over.  I didn't bother with the laser system, not that it looked too complicated but I just didn't think I would really use it - one less thing to break down.  Having had a touch of bad luck with the last table saw I had, I bought a 5 year all inclusive warranty on it, so no matter what happens to the table saw, Sears will either repair or replace it.
          Here on Golden Unicorn Farm, where the deer and the unicorns play and quite often can be heard a discouraging word and the skies can be cloudy all day, and as I look out  my window at our 50 acres with only a few mounds of snow remaining in the shady areas, I can't help but think how fortunate I am to be living here surrounded by peace and quiet, especially when many people in other parts of the world don't have a real home, no food, very little water and their lives are a constant struggle from morning to night, 24/7.  It's Easter and I couldn't help thinking about Jesus Christ yesterday, wearing not much more than a crown of thorns, as He painfully lugged His heavy cross  to Calvary, where He was crucified.  I have a lot of problems regarding the churches' views on God and Jesus but regardless of any religious connotations that I may have been educated with over the years, I believe Christ was a wonderful person with very creditable opinions and excellent values - I don't have a problem remembering or looking up to such a man - He definitely makes a great mentor.
          Sarah and the girls decorated Easter eggs last night and she may have started a new trend - I wouldn't be surprised if it's the first time eggs were painted and decorated without their shells - yup that's right, you read it correctly - they decorated the eggs without their shells.  As unlikely as it may seem, the eggs are still edible since they were decorated with organic colours - fruit juice and such.  However, as much as I like eating eggs, I think I'll pass on them if any are offered.  It seems funny, after that last paragraph I wrote about Jesus Christ, that more value and emphasis is put on an Easter bunny - kind of like Christmas isn't it; where the emphasis is put on a fat, jolly man dressed in a red suit?  We can thank the media hype and our greedy merchants for that reasoning - getting lots of gifts and stuffing our faces seems to be the attitude of the multitude and my hand's up, I'm as guilty as the next person.
          Well, it's a beautiful day, time to get off my skinny butt and mosey on out to the barnyard, maybe collect some eggs and measure up the baby-barn, get an idea what it will cost for some of the materials that I won't be able to scrounge.  And to anyone that has read this far - have a good Easter and it really wouldn't hurt to give thanks to Jesus, because He's really responsible for this day; not some furry little rabbit that we think gives us luck if we use one of its legs for a key chain - cheers, eh!
      
         

No comments:

Post a Comment