Monday, May 7, 2012

ARTHRITIS CURE

          I have no idea how many people who read this blog suffer from arthritis but for those of you who do, have I got a cure for you.  Now, does this remedy actually work; I can't really say since I've yet to test it out?  However, that being said, a friend of mine, Mike Saunders, who has a summer home down on the lake, only a 15 minute walk from us, dropped into my art studio the other day.  And like most old guys, unlike when we were young, most always talked about the opposite sex (sex being foremost on our minds) we chatted about our physical ailments and medications.  When I mentioned I had five compressed discs in my lower back and they were arthritic, really causing me a whole lot of pain and discomfort, he mentioned his hands were becoming the same way.  Now Mike, from my observations, is a very sensible man and I hold great store in his cure for arthritis.  Well, cure, may be overstating it a wee bit or the drug store shelves would be loaded with little bottles of the ingredients, plus who knows what else mixed into the concoction to perhaps make a man more virile and a woman more fertile.  I almost always spurn the prescriptions my doctors have asked me to fill over the years, as a matter of fact, I can honestly say that I am medication-free.  The reason I've seldom had my prescriptions filled, besides the fact that I couldn't afford it, is that when I read all the side effects that might be caused from taking their magical potions, I didn't feel like trading off a headache for a stomach ache, a bout of constipation or who knows what else.  Don't get me wrong though, I have taken things for medicinal purposes only when I have suffered from excruciating pain - marijuana seems to work fine - the pain may not go away but I forget all about it.  When I'm stressed out, wound tight as drum - alcohol seems appropriate - like pot, I forget all about my problems.  Actually, a good nap, where you drop off into the deep abyss of forgetfulness, has also helped a great deal for dealing with overwhelming situations.  So, before I get carried too far away for the arthritic remedy Mike professed, I'll just write down the prescription and for those of you who feel that they should pay me for this, all forms of money are accepted - except pennies - I hear they've become useless.
       
          The Remedy or the Recipe for Arthritic Pain Relief:


          Although several versions of this remedy for those of you who are suffering from arthritis can be found on the Internet, the one that Mike told me about  is as follows - not sure if it is an old folk remedy or perhaps a confirmed alcoholics remedy.
          
          1)  Purchase a box of raisins (the golden variety, not ordinary black rasins) and a bottle of your favourite Gin
          2)  Place golden raisins in a shallow container
          3)  Cover the raisins with gin
          4)  Let raisins soak up the gin for a few weeks until no more liquid can be seen
          5)  Although many variations of how many raisins should be eaten during each day 9 is the number most seen


          To me, this recipe to cure or perhaps alleviate a substantial amount of my arthritic pain seems like a win-win situation - I like raisins and I like gin.  And, the way I see it, if this particular mixture of raisnins and gin doesn't show any signs of working at 9 raisins a day, then I do believe I'll just eat a handful of raisins a day and if I've eaten enough, the gin should help me forget all about my pain - cheers, eh!

3 comments:

  1. just had to send you this, it will remind you of someone dear to you. Misty.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7viWp5KrE&feature=player_embedded San

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps, make sure when you copy and paste you dont copy San.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi San

    Thanks for sending the video of Pudsey - what a remarkable dog - certainly did remind me of our Misty girl - cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete