Monday, April 8, 2013

MOONSHINE WILLY (The Unicorn)

         
          Well, I finally completed the painting of the frolicking unicorn, which, after you read the poem, will find I believe, his name to be quite suitable. I have to say, Moonshine Willy was most difficult to paint, not just because like most unicorns, he was extremely elusive but the few moments I did get a close-up view, he just wasn't able to stand still.  Old Willy boy is certainly always on the go; he's forever bounding across the lower meadows, across the ridge and through the forest; not sure if he ever sleeps.  Even though I've written a horse stall full of poetry over the years and most of it has been tossed out on the manure pile, I still like to rhyme a few verses now and then and Moonshine Willy, well he certainly was an inspiration for me; I wish I had half the vitality and energy that he expends; not to mention his virility.
          I've had a hundred 11"x14" art posters of Moonshine Willy printed that are for sale as a Limited Edition of 100.  Each individual print is numbered and signed by the artist/poet (me) and comes with a certificate (a collector's item for sure).  The starting price is $7.50, plus shipping.  If anyone is interested in the poster of Moonshine Willy, send me an email:  lenwsherman@gmail.com
               

No comments:

Post a Comment