Sunday, July 14, 2013

COME SEE THE PREMIER OPENING OF MY DOCUMENTARY VIDEO - ARCTIC ODYSSEY - SAILING THE NORTHWEST PASSAGE

       
          I've had a few people ask if I ever had a video made regarding the sailing voyage in 1995 through the Northwest Passage, when I crewed aboard Dove III, quite possibly the smallest sailboat to do so in a single season?  And the answer is yes; I made a documentary video about our voyage several years ago.  However, because I'm not one to promote myself or my creative abilities on a wide basis, tend to keep things to myself, only a handful of people have actually ever seen the video.  However, although I'm still somewhat of a shy guy and some of the people who may attend are my friends, I'm thinking, watching the video and having a little chat afterwards over a glass of wine and some goodies, just might be a fun time.  I'm keeping the attendance down to 10 people because the size of my art studio is quite small.  And for that reason, the tickets have to be sold beforehand and we have to know, which evening is the most suitable for you.  Tickets can be purchased where I live at Golden Unicorn Farm - 115 Forest City Road or at the Farmer's Market in Woodstock on Fridays.
          Besides making the video, I also wrote a book, Arctic Odyssey, which I fully illustrated with pen and ink drawings.  The video, book and artwork of the sailing voyage will be on sale after the presentation.
       
           Arctic Odyssey (book, autographed by Winston Bushnell - skipper and the author)  $20.00
           Arctic Odyssey (video)    $10.00
           Artwork        Prices Vary 
    Books and Videos are available any time but SHIPPING is EXTRA.

          Although the voyage took place almost 20 years ago, I would like to mention that it was one of the highlights of my life.  It was an exciting, dangerous and yet relaxing time - looking back, I'm still in awe of the harsh beauty of the arctic seascapes and landscapes and will always be grateful for the generous hospitality of the people living in the northern hemispheres who opened their homes to three, often times, hungry, thirsty and unwashed sailors - cheers, eh!      

2 comments:

  1. FACEBOOK COMMENT: Brenda T. Oh I'm thinking jean will want to be there for aug 3rd, he love the book! Will confirm when he gets back from his. Fishing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda - I'm certain that he will enjoy the video because I know how enamoured Jean is with the arctic - cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete