Saturday, April 19, 2014

ARCTIC ODYSSEY - THE LIMITED EDITION IS NOW FOR SALE

          Hello fun-seekers and blog-readers - welcome to my blog, just in case you are a newcomer.  Life here at the base of Green Mountain in sunny Fosterville, NB is exceptional - must be because only remnants of one of the longest winters I've experienced since moving here has finally ended.  Yeah, winter has finally packed it's giant sized suitcases filled with snow and headed off to where the snow doesn't melt, wherever that is, since due to climate changes the world over, even Antarctica and the North Pole appear to be losing a substantial amount of ice. 

          During the winter, I finally published a book, the way I wanted it to look; a book I had written about 20 years ago.  It's called Arctic Odyssey and it's about my voyage with skipper, Winston Bushnell and mate, George Hone through the Northwest Passage aboard Dove III, perhaps the smallest sailboat to ever do so in a single season from west to east.  It was first published by an American publishing company, Fine Edge Productions, in Anacortes, WA.  Since I've owned the total rights to my book for quite awhile now, I decided to re-publish it myself, the way in which I was hoping Fine Edge would have produced it the first time.  When I presented my hand-lettered manuscript and pen and ink sketches to them, the beginnings of a great coffee-table book, they decided in their wisdom to produce the book in a more inexpensive manner.  However, despite the book not looking the way I expected, I still liked their rendition of Arctic Odyssey and was pleased that they had published it - a first book is always very special.  But for 20 years, I've had this original manuscript sitting in a drawer and have kept looking at it over and over again, until very recently, I decided to turn Arctic Odyssey into a Limited Edition (only 250 copies available).
       
           The Limited Edition copy of Arctic Odyssey (8.5x11" hard bound cover, 186 pages) comes in a sturdy box to help preserve its condition, which includes a soft bound (6x9") Arctic Odyssey book and a 45 min. DVD of our sailing voyage.  The first page in the book has a Certificate of Authenticity, which I have signed and numbered.  There are also 10 artist's proofs, which brings the total of the Limited Edition to 260 copies.  The two black and white pages shown here are a good example of what the book looks like inside.  The book contains approximately 80 sketches and maps which I drew to illustrate our voyage.  The price of this Limited Edition, historical adventure book is $75.00 plus $20.00 handling and shipping fees.  This historical adventure book is sure to become a collectible item over the years and would make a great gift for the avid sailor or adventurer at heart.  For additional info on purchasing a copy, please go to goldenunicornpublishing.com/book or you can order a copy from me by PayPal, cheque, cash or bank transfer - my address is 115 Forest City Rd., Fosterville, NB  E6H 2A1 or email me lenwsherman@gmail.com  Thank you so much everyone for expressing so much interest in my book!

REVIEWS: 

Hi Len! I was JUST about to write to you. YES, the package arrived yesterday...thank you! It's absolutely beautiful and we opened it together with my girlfriend like it was Christmas Eve. Eric Saczuk
           
WOW!!   What a great package Len.  It all came out really nice good footage  Best of luck selling thru your stock.   What memories!   George Hone
          

4 comments:

  1. How do I order a copy of your book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous - you can order a book by PayPal, a cheque or a bank transfer - thank you so much for your interest - cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i ordered a bokk how much money would you need book price taxes shiping i know winston very well brocobilly@live.com thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. The total, including the shipping and handling costs is $95.00 - thanks for your interest Bill - cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete