Saturday, October 22, 2011

CREE INDIAN PROPHESY - MY TEARS MINGLE WITH THEIRS

Only after the LAST TREE has been cut down,
Only after the LAST RIVER has been poisoned,
Only after the LAST FISH has been caught,
Only then will you find that MONEY CANNOT BE EATEN
Cree Indian Prophesy

          Other than when the higher powers, the United States and Russia back in the Kennedy era were strutting their strength in front of the whole world, threatening one another with an arsenal of nuclear weapons to blow up the whole world many times over, has our planet, our only home in the entire Universe been in such serious jeopardy.  At one time, and not that long ago, the Cree prophesy would have been about the white man's voracious, greedy appetite upon discovering a new continent with untouched riches and resources but now, I believe, although many white men are responsible for the dreadfully sad condition of the world today, the prediction is a menacing warning against those who are destroying anything or everything to fulfill their own power needs - these people, if there is a devil, are the devil's evil, corrupt and deadly spawn - the true Judas Iscariot at the Last Supper.
          OCCUPY seems to be the big word today and indeed its meaning is pulling a lot of people the world over together in order to resist the quiet army of destruction that sit behind big desks handing out baubles and beads to those that are needy and ignorant or really don't care what they are doing to earn a buck as long as they are earning a buck.  Since the First Peace March, and I'm not against peaceful marches, far from it; but what is happening now, because I firmly believe the fires of greed has gotten so far out of control; this avarice fire cannot be contained by peaceful means alone.  From what I've learned from history, whenever a problem has reached the point of no return, we, and I mean many who thought themselves incapable of violence, arm themselves with a weapon to strike out at the foe; even when they do not even know who the true foe is.
          I'm just a simple man living at the base of Green Mountain in a semi wilderness area of New Brunswick trying to get back to a somewhat simple existence.  I was once one of the rats in the rat race trying to accumulate as much wealth as possible so I could retire a millionaire at the age of 40.  This wasn't just my dream; many people had the same dream and I'm sure as people dip their hands into their pockets today to purchase a Lotto ticket, because they don't have the means and know how to rake in that kind of money, their dreams are exactly the same as mine were at one time.  I guess it's only natural to want more - most likely the first human to move into a cave thought he was living in luxury but because it was still drafty, damp and somewhat open to the elements, he kept searching for a bigger and better cave, until eventually, he began building caves to suit his needs.  And of course, those that were incapable of building a better cave, bullied others into stealing that cave or building him another.  When I look at the world conditions today, I fail to see where anything has changed since we first learned to stand upright and walk on two legs.
          The Cree Indian Prophesy from what I see occurring about me is becoming rapidly fulfilled.  Trees, as large as toothpicks compared to the size they used to grow, are driven by the truckload past Golden Unicorn Farm on a daily basis and the damage the loggers are doing to the land is devastating.  The lake, which is only ten minutes away by foot must be poisoned because we've been warned not to eat too much of the fish.  I won't have to worry about eating money when the last tree has been cut down, the last river has been poisoned and the fish have all been caught because I have very little and as odd as it may seem - I like it that way.  I like, even at the age of 70 and although I ache like hell a lot of time, that I have to physically struggle to help put food on the table and keep a roof over our heads.  My worst nightmare would be to wake up in some third world country beside a swimming pool with a cold drink in my hand being served by someone who didn't have pot to piss in - actually it could also be in a place like Las Vegas, a modern Sodom and Gomorrah.  After having way too much wealth in my life at one time and even now, still most likely more than needed - less is best says I - cheers - eh! 
             


3 comments:

  1. So cheap vacations with oppressed people serving you has no appeal huh! I find that hard to believe...it is our god given right, we at cheap vacations know and live by this! Remember no one can resist Mexico...it is a country with it all going on...you bet and it helps them out, they get to eat, they get something to do and they get to learn to do their maths when you stiff them on the bill...

    Sarcasm aside you are correct...thank you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me going there for a moment - I was thinking oh no, I'm going to lose one of my followers. Of course that's happened already, I've had more than a couple of scathing rebukes about my thoughts and writing ability but I've got a pretty thick skin - think one of my long lost relatives in the distant past mated with a rhino. Thanks for your comment - gave me a real giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Len, pissing people off is what it is all about, if you had nothing to say you could neither lure nor offend readers...it is all part and parcel of being an artist...look at Robert Crumb and that Anne Coulter guy...their art appeals to somebody or it would not exist. You won't appeal to everyone and that is probably a good thing right...there are certainly a few person's out there I can think of that I do not want to appeal to...any more than I want a cheap vacation!

    ReplyDelete