Thursday, November 17, 2011

WHAT THE FRACK - FRACKING IS STILL ON MY MIND

          In the previous blog I wrote about fracking and it caused me to actually get quite angry, most likely because I was totally frustrated that such a diabolic procedure to extract natural gas with water is even considered, let alone allowed.  Someone commented on the blog and asked what we could do about the problem and I have to admit, I didn't have a clue.  Of course, just being one person deliberately cutting myself off from big city thinking, living way out in the boonies where bear and moose, at times, have actually walked right through our yard, I pondered about the comment until finally, a wee glimmer, a glimpse of an idea formed inside my almost empty cranium.  I'm just a nobody, one of the silent majority and an old fart to boot and what came to mind was a person who deliberately gets into people's faces and attempts to hold them accountable for their actions, that person being Michael Moore.  I sent Mr. Moore an email with a link to my blog, which has a link that portrays the toxic devastation of fracking.  Now, whether or not he will take up my torch, more like a matchstick that's about to go out, is another matter.  I'm sure a person like David Suzuki is already doing something about it, at least as much as he possibly can, since the environment is something he's very concerned about.  The only other solution that I can think of to stop fracking is for each and every one of us to write a letter or compile some sort of list that we, the people of Canada, people of the world can sign and send to Stephen Harper, our prime minister.  Since votes are a politician's main priority, if the majority of Canadians are against fracking and let it be known to him, he just might rethink his values and stand for something that just doesn't benefit him and his party, but benefits the whole world.
          I don't know about any of the people that read my blog on a regular basis but I've always just been sort of quiet guy, never really says too much or gets very upset - just an easy going, roll with the blows, take the path of least resistance guy.  I pick up my pencils, pens and brushes now and then, create some sort of artwork - can't get too excited about the subject matter; enjoy the doing more than just looking at the piece after its completed and hanging on a wall and I write this blog about where I live, what I'm up to and the occasional short fiction or nonfiction tale to entertain myself and perhaps entertain someone else.  There are those who consider me, because I do these things, to be a narcissist, egotist or a wannabe writer and artist but mostly, what I want to be is just a basically half decent person who attempts to live a lot by my own mental and physical capacities, especially since I regard life as an extremely pleasurable learning stage.  Sure, I strut around at times, thrust out my chest like Big Red, one of our roosters, but to be honest, I usually do that when I'm alone and no one can see me making a fool out of myself.  Perhaps one of the readers of this blog has a little pull,can bend a few arms, are able to make your voice heard, and if that is the case, then maybe you can make someone like Stephen Harper or some other politician take heed of the power they wield and make them think, am I really doing the right thing for humanity and the world in general and not to be so engrossed in the typical agendas of economics and business - do people have to sell their souls because they're broke and the only decent paying job they can find is destroying our planet?
          If anyone out there in cyberspace, who reads this blog from time to time has any solutions to bringing fracking to a halt, I'd like to hear from them and if I can be assistance in any way, that would be great; please let me know.  In the mean time, since it's almost Christmas, in order to earn a few bucks, my wife Sarah and I are making some crafts to sell at a First Nations Bazaar in early December.  I'll take some photos of our creations and post them in the next blog - cheers -eh!    
 
               

10 comments:

  1. Great that you thought about a few ways, I was thinking what about setting up a facebook page to protest, people could join and it would be like a petition of "We want it stopped". Only thing is often when these things go viral like the occupy movement they contact the person who set up the page and I, like you am not good at being a public spoke's person. Maybe someone out there is brave enough and confident enough to do the page and be our spokes person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting up a Facebook page for protesting fracking sounds like a good idea, especially if people begin copying and pasting it to all their friends and are able to sign some sort of online petition. I'm not quite sure how to set that sort of thing up and running; do you? Incidentally, who is Anonymous? If you don't want your name to show up on my blog perhaps you could email me your name sidneyseagull@hotmail.com I don't think I would like to be a spokesperson but if that were the case, as long as I knew more about fracking, I would back up my blog. However, should the Facebook page gather a similar momentum of the "Occupy" movement, I'm sure that a well known person with the expertise of public speaking and has the required knowledge of fracking could be found. Does Anonymous have any other suggestions - I like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know who I am Lenny, Remember popeye and olive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of thought it was you but here within cyberspace, deep amidst a virtual galaxy of man-made starry wonders; one can never be certain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soul-ution my good man is in ending oil dependence by forcing the release of the free energy technologies that already exist but are held in check by the PTB because acknowledging UFOs or free energy dooms the whole shebang they have constructed to keep in power. We have grown so much in the last 30 years that the holders of the truth of what is are outnumbering the minions of the false doctrines and like a dam with too much water it cannot stop the flow and is in danger of breaking. Pray for the breakup of the old demon created infrastructure because there is an already completed Golden Age infrastructure on the doorstep of time. Cheers old freind. R

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't mind Ron, but I took your comment from my Facebook account and placed it here for others to read as well. I have to admit that I'm rather ignorant about "FREE energy technologies that already exist" or "an already completed Golden Age infrastructure on the doorstep of time" but I do believe there are demonic practices being carried out by people in very high places, but even that being said, I'm not absolutely certain they realize the harm they are creating. Unfortunately, since most of the prominent leaders are mostly interested in bolstering the waning economic climes, they don't seem to realize the damage that is happening to the fragile ecological systems by allowing fracking and other unfriendly manners for producing energy. When I was a boy, only a few species were extinct, like the dodo bird and the passenger pigeon for example but now that I hear the black rhino has become extinct and many other creatures as well, I don't know what it will take to stop the madness except perhaps the extinction of the whole human race and the trouble with most suicide victims, they tend to kill everything around them before taking their own lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That comment makes me sad, most suicide victims are troubled emotional wrecks who can't take the emotional pain any longer in a world that doest seem to care. The only person they are interested in killing is themselves because they feel they don;t truly matter to anyone. Most have suffered childhood abuse and worse. Only a few kill their families before themselves probably because they are psycotic.
    The rest are too caring, and too sensitive for this hard world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a psyc Nurse I concur, we find most have been betrayed by those they love most, therefore no longer trust the world. Stat's show it is usually men who kill family before self. Even so it is a minority
    Paul C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes when he is rambling on he doesnt think what he is saying. ( a little insensitive at times) when on a rant. Lets get back to the subject at hand. Fracking.
    gonna work on that facebook page. ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments - Hmm - I guess I didn't make myself very clear about the suicide remark - I think what I was trying to get across is that perhaps without realizing it, the whole human race is committing a slow suicide and maybe it's because we can't see any real hope or positive changes occurring to remedy the state of the present world. Hmm - I think I'll leave that subject alone except to say; I've had an uncle, a sister and a good friend take their own lives, something I've never been able to understand - time to get back to fracking, which I feel if it should continue on a massive scale, it is a huge step towards ending life as we all know it and perhaps within a very short span.

    ReplyDelete