Wednesday, February 29, 2012

TITLE ONE OF MY PAINTINGS AND WIN...

Buck at the Moon
SOLD
          Not only would I like to thank Sue (one of my blog readers) for giving this painting the title, Buck at the Moon, (there were some other good titles too)  but I would especially like to thank the person who bought it, as well as all the other readers who take time out of their days to read my ramblings and rants - can you believe it - even my wife reads them or at least she says she does - bless her heart!  I know that some of you have many of the same beliefs and feelings about certain issues as me and some do not -  I've had the occasional scathing comment (of course I don't post those - just kidding - I leave everyone's post as is and occasionally bring them over from Facebook - seems most people like to comment about the blog there, rather than here).  It's great to receive the odd comment; if there were too many, then it would become like a job replying  to them all and that wouldn't be fun - a job without pay really sucks!   
          Yesterday is much like today - the temperature is -16C, the snow is up to my knees and higer and as I sit here, my breath clouding the monitor, I realize I should start a fire in the wood stove, except Sarah and I are planning on driving to Danforth this morning - she's treating me to breakfast and filling up old "Buddy" - our don't mess with me, kick-ass diesel truck that took on a semi during our cross-Canada trip to Golden Unicorn Farm, almost two years ago now.  Although I had a couple of slices of home made bread lathered with butter and home made raspberry jam washed back with hand picked Goldenrod tea from the back pasture (certainly some good perks living on a small farm) already this morning before I fed the animals, I expect an old half-broken down guy like me will still be able to polish off a couple of poached eggs, bacon, pan fries and a couple cups of coffee.  Actually, just going to town is kind of a treat for this me since I actually grew up in the big city, Vancouver, BC - geesh, how did an old city-slicker, two-bit gambler, hustler, womanizer, drink-till-I-dropped boozer in those early days, wind up in a place like Fosterville - population maybe 50 people in the winter?
Untitled
         Since painting Buck at the Moon, I've painted a couple of other pictures, which are untitled.  The cowboy sitting on his horse enjoying the moonlit, starry heavens, a 12"x15.75" acrylic painting on a .25" board is FOR SALE - $100.00 plus shipping.  The painting kinda brings back memories of when I was a boy and my western heroes were Roy Rogers, Randolf Scott, John Wayne, Gene Autry, etc.  Back then, all I wanted to do was get myself a good horse, a good dog, a big white 10-gallon cowboy hat, a pair of silver six-guns with pearl handles, kiss the girl at the end of the day under the silvery moon and then ride off into the sunset - yuk - kissing girls in those days was about as appealing as eating soft tar off the edge of a road.  Things were a whole lot simpler back in those days though, no bills to pay; just play and play with my friends and oh yeah - go to school, mow lawns, deliver papers, collect empty beer and pop bottles and raid fruit trees and gardens in the night - silent as an injun (most likely a ninja today) creeping over a fence and up a tree.  The way my back and legs feel today at this age, just the thought of climbing up on a horse and riding off into the sunset is quite possibly the least appealing thing I would care to do - it's definitely not on my "bucket list" - nor is sky diving, rock climbing, or a bar room fight.  Sadly, the old rocking chair setting next to the wood stove in the kitchen is more my speed these days.  However, getting back to the painting - it's looking for a title too, so if any of you readers care to come up with an appealing one, I'll letter it in the lower left hand corner.  I'd like to say the person who comes up with the titile is going to win an all expense trip to Spuzzum, BC, a wad of chewing tobaccy, and a bottle of high-test hootch but unfortunately, you'll get squat, absolutely diddly-squat and on that note dear readers, I tip my Davy Crockett coon-skin cap to you and bid thee good day - cheers, eh!        

No comments:

Post a Comment