Saturday, March 3, 2012

ART AUCTION - HOWL AT THE MOON

Howl at the Moon
           I've been having fun painting wildlife against a night sky with a big old shiny moon; actually feels good to pick up the brushes and splash a little paint around; hard to do much else since my back packed it in a couple of weeks ago.  Howl at the Moon is something I occasionally do myself; hope no one sees or hears me or they're liable to think I'm a hairless werewolf and grab their 12 gauge shot gun and let me have it with both barrels.  I've sold a couple of these wildlife painting online and since I sometimes go to the auction on Mondays with some friends, I thought I'd throw a little art auction of my own.  I'm going to start the bidding out at $25.00 - now who'll gimme 25; do I hear 25 dollars from anyone; how about the curvaceous blonde in the front row wearing a tight red dress with the big red purse full of loonies?  This is a one of a kind painting; 2,739 heart felt brush strokes - check out the mountains - when's the last time you saw such gorgeous mountains?  Do I hear 25 bucks?  Only 25 bucks to start this auction off with $5.00 increments after that - so do I hear 25, 25, 25...25 anybody.  Who'll give me 25, 30, 35, 40?  This 12"x18" acrylic painting on a .25" thick board is For Sale and may the highest bidder win!  Keep in mind, unless the painting is picked up at my studio or I deliver it to the Farmer's Market in Woodstock, there will be a $10.00 shipping charge.  The art auction will end on Sat., March 10 at midnight, New Brunswick time.  To bid on Howl at the Moon, please make a comment on this blog and tell me how much your bid is.  If the painting is to be a gift or you just don't want anyone to know your name, email me the amount you wish to bid lenwsherman@gmail.com with the name you would like used and I'll post it on the blog.
          Also, the Howl at the Moon painting is being auctioned off on my Facebook site, so I'll show their bids on this blog.  And of course, should someone make a bid here on my blog, it will be posted on Facebook.  
Moonlight Eagle
Buck at the Moon
          Buck at the Moon and Moonlight Eagle have both been sold for $125.00 each.  Although both of the buyers of these paintings read this blog, one of them just lives a short distance from me and I'll be danged, I hadn't even signed the eagle painting, the paint was still wet, when he walked into my studio and said, "I was wondering if you could paint an eagle?"  You should have seen the look on his face and the big ear to ear grin, when he saw the painting on my easel.


Ethan - Portrait of My Grandson
          Geesh, except for the painting I did of my grandson Ethan for a Christmas present to give to my daughter Brandi and her husband James, I haven't really painted anything for almost 3 years; almost seems like I'm coming out of retirement.  For any of you readers that are artists, I don't have to tell you how good it feels to pick up a brush and paints and watch the magic appear on a blank canvas.  I can't say that the feeling is right up there with great sex but man, at times, it gives me an eyeball orgasm.   Since you've probably got a smile on your face now, maybe I could interest you in a painting of your choice - besides wildlife, landscapes, seascapes, moonscapes, I can paint portraits too - kids, dogs, cats, moms, dads, grandfolks, the next door neighbour, your boss - clothed or nude, makes no difference - even a goldfish if you like.  All I need is a good clear photo to work from.  Prices depend on the size of the canvas and if the painting doesn't reach your expectations - you don't have to pay for it.  
          Dang; if I don't sound like a bleedin' salesman in this blog or maybe a stuttering auctioneer, "Who'll gimme 25, 25 dollar bill, only 25 bucks to start this auction off?"  - no use yelling out, nodding your head,  waving your hand or showing me your legs, 'cause that don't work on this old auction - cheers, eh!  

8 comments:

  1. I love the painting of Ethan. It is spot on!!! I have $25 on this beautiful painting. :) Can never have enough of your artwork in our house in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toni - your opening bid of $25.00 has been accepted - I've got lots of here in my wee studio and the way I've been painting the past little while, I've run out of wall space to hang them - I'm just gearing up for the Arts Festival we're having here in August - not going to much of a host this year - will be more like the rest of the artisans and chat with the people. But in the meantime, I need to earn a few bucks, so thought I'd try selling some of the paintings here and on Facebook - cheers, eh!

      Delete
  2. Yes, Ethan pic is lovely... C. Aguiar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment - I enjoy painting portraits. I once had a man commission me to paint a picture of his father, who was a rabbi. Because he was very old and figured he was going to die soon, and his two kids wanted the painting of their grandfather, he decided he should have another painting done. When he arrived to pick up his painting, I must have done a good job of it because he couldn't tell which one I had painted - cheers, eh!

      Delete
  3. Eagle is a little scrawny all legs no body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment - and after looking at the painting - I believe you are right - going to give him a good feed of road kill - fatten the big bugger up - actually just needs a brush stroke or two where the the tail feathers begin - cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. (The above comment wasn't removed - I had to make a correction)

      Hey Anominus (think it's supposed to spelled Anonymous) - what kind of a name is that anyway - hahaha - seems to be a popular one. Check out the eagle now - after feeding him a bull moose that was killed by a semi on the highway - I think he filled out just fine - what do you think? - cheers, eh!

      Delete