Saturday, March 2, 2013

SNOW LADY, TAKING A DUMP AND HEADING SOUTH

          Saturday afternoon, just about time for a nibble and perhaps a cold beer; something that just sort of tantalizes the taste buds, but not before I finish writing this blog.  Snowing again; a heavy, wet snow; ideal for snowmen, snow forts and snowball fights, none of which interests this old guy very much.  The last snowman I made, well, not exactly a man but a snow woman, raised a few eye brows from the religious Mormons that were living across the street from me at the time.  They had about six kids, ranging from a toddler to the early teens.  My snow lady was a mammoth size, considering she was kneeling and I could just barely reach the top of her head to sculpt her long flowing hair.  I can't say she was a pretty damsel, her porridgy flesh all over her body was definitely showing she had a severe case of cellulite.  Of course she was nude and I guess what made the neighbours keep their curtains drawn was the fact that I made sure her breasts were unusually huge and the nipples of course outstanding and firm.  I can still remember the kid's faces, their big eyes staring and much rounder than usual as they looked up at the huge snow lady - especially the boys - couldn't seem to take their eyes of those gargantuan bosoms.  I kind of liked her big feet and hands, had a lot of fun sculpting the toes and fingers, especially the fingers, since they were sort of holding up her breasts.  I can't imagine what the Mormon neighbours thought, especially since some of their kids helped roll up big balls of snow for me to lift up and put them in place, but I did hear that they were sort of disgusted with me.  But then, they probably didn't like that I also drove a motorcycle and would sometimes crank up the music, get a little more than tipsy outside in the front yard with some of my friends, they no doubt would have thought of as unsavory.  However, I still don't understand why they don't drink tea or coffee (beer I can sort of understand) because they drink Coke by the gallon - talk about an overdose of caffeine; enough to rot your teeth, rot your guts and blow a huge hole in the ass of your jeans when you let one go - Hallelujah!
          I see the counter on my blog has almost reached 10,000 hits - doesn't mean to say everyone that's tapped into my ramblings has read anything I wrote, but still, a large majority have, so that pleases me - as it is, I talk enough to myself and no one listens.  Some say writing a blog is egotistical and maybe it is for me too; I don't know.  However, what I do know, is that I enjoy writing as much as I enjoy painting and I realize neither one is earth shattering; no one is clambering to purchase my paintings and stories - I don't kid myself, I know I'm hardly a Leonardo da Vinci or a Steven King, but my mind swarms with creativity that just has to have a release.  Also, the length of my blogs could be beneficial for some; I try to keep the length down so a person can comfortably sit on the toilet with a laptop  and take a meaningful dump - albeit, a cramped up, steaming 16-coiler might be pushing the comfort zone a tad.
          A lot of people here in Fosterville go south for the winter; places like Florida and Mexico, where I hear the temperatures are much warmer and at times hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk if one had a mind to.  For Sarah and I, the farthest south we get, come winter time, is Forest City, about 10 miles down the road.  Or, if we cross the Canada/US border to Maine, we go to Danforth, about 25 miles further south - either way, the temperatures are just as freezing cold and the snow is just as deep.  But hey, if a person is content where they are, a hot fire is burning in the wood stove and a cold beer is waiting in the fridge, then staying home is just fine by me and speaking of a cold beer - this thirsty old man is heading into the house - hear the kids have gone away until tomorrow - just might check out the wife a little closer (wink, wink) - cheers, eh!               

2 comments:

  1. We read them Len and get quite a chuckle! Can't say I've ever seen a snow woman like the one you made, it's a wonder you didn't have drive by viewings :-) Always enjoy your writing and art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bren - may have to make another snow lady one day - maybe get Sarah's youngest to help roll up the needed giant snowballs and put them in place - my back just isn't what it used to be - come to think of it - there are a lot of parts that just aren't what they used to be. But then again, often as not, it's not the physical problems that keeps one from doing things; it's the desire and acting like a joyful kid that holds us back - cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete