Monday, March 11, 2013

SWEATY MONDAY EVENING

          The weatherman is calling for rain; the next two days the sky will drip supposedly lots and lots of water, which should certainly be a harbinger of spring.  And, if not, at least a lot of the white fluffy stuff that's hanging out at our place and most likely all over New Brunswick, should melt away.  Of course, with all the expected moisture, the ice in the rivers and streams may break and cause all sorts of problems; flooding being at the top of the list.  Ah, the joys of winter; comes in like a lion and leaves in the same manner; it's just an angry season me thinks.
          I'm really looking forward to seeing the end of the snow; I may not be suffering from cabin fever but I expect the goat and the chickens are; been quite some time since Freya's (goat) little hooves and the chicken's feet have touched good old terra firma.  Freya may have to wait a little longer than the chickens because the snow is still 4' deep along the fence and that means Luki (dog) too, because Great Pyrenees are noted for their roaming traits.  When the snow is pretty much gone and the path leading down to the garden clears, I will have one hell of a job ahead of me.  I've been piling the manure from the barn and the coop just outside the fence and it's quite a little jaunt from there to the end of the garden with a heavy wheelbarrow filled to the brim - actually past the brim.
          It's been awhile since I've written anything here, was sort of waiting to finish the painting of the two portraits and the Stockford Mill before I wrote something, but I figured I should write something before then.  The problem is, I don't have a whole hell of a lot to say except there always seems to be a distraction that just begs for my time and seems to keep me from doing what I should be doing; it's not like Mr. Stockford is a spring chicken.  At 99.5 years of age, if I don't take a riding crop to my ass and get myself into gear, he may pop off before I reach the finishing wire.  There is still quite a bit of the painting remaining but starting tomorrow, I'm going to put a little high-test into my brushes and see if I can't have it completed by the time I head on out to the Farmer's Market in Woodstock on Friday.
          The studio, even though it's after 8:00pm, is bloody hot in here.  My body is as slick as ox snot on the toe of my boot because sweat is pouring off my brow and making it's way south.  At this rate, it'll fill my gumboots.  Since I cleaned out the hen house and the barn this afternoon, which was a sweaty job too and because some muscles, I didn't even knew existed are aching, I am soon going to have a soak in the tub, relax and read a book, maybe even take a cold beer with me too.  The novel I'm currently reading is tending to be a touch frightening, not in a Stephen King manner, but because it's relating to all the climate changes the Earth has undergone since man in our image and brain power has come into existence.  Not sure if building another ark will work this time once the oceans begin climbing faster than they already are - one thing for sure if it holds off a bit longer, the ark won't have to be as large as Noah's - the way we've been wiping out the animals and birds and many that are still remaining are on the endangered list today; it may only have to hold a few people and their pets.
         I do believe the heat in the studio is affecting my mind; time for me to post this blog and call it a night - cheers, eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment