Wednesday, March 13, 2013

YIPPEE KAI-YAY - PAINTING IS FINISHED

Completed Painting of Mr. & Mrs. Walter Stockford
and the Stockford Mill on the Eel River

          I finally finished the painting!  It took quite a bit of time; turned out to be more work than I expected but then being somewhat of a perfectionist (must be the Virgo in me) I just kept slugging away at it.  Hopefully, Linda Hamilton will like the finished product.  I've had a lot of good comments about it as I showed the painting in progress on my Facebook account.  I've been considering putting the brushes and paints aside for awhile, sort of take a break, but as I look over just beyond this painting where it's resting on an easel, I sort of get the feeling that the unfinished painting of a unicorn wants me to get on with the job.  You know what unicorns are like.  Just because their poop is the colour of rainbows and they fart fairy dust; they think they're so darned special!  So I guess tomorrow, I'll change the dirty water, can't have dirty water, especially if I'm painting a white unicorn, otherwise it's coat might be the colour of month old mouse poop.
          Wow, it's getting close to 8pm and darkness has yet to arrive; thanks to daylight saving time.  Well, it was light until my wife came in to use my computer and telephone, then I had to stop writing and now that an hour has gone by, it's darker than Toby's... you know the place where the sun never shines.  Golden Unicorn Farm is starting to feel real Springy; been having a regular little heat-wave and the rain has been just pouring down.  A lot of the snow has disappeared, just running away faster than a disgruntled teenager that thinks there's a better place than home.  But it still wouldn't surprise me if old man winter has something diabolical tucked away up his worn-out, cold sleeve; I don't have the feeling that winter is over; not by a long shot.  Hopefully, another wild storm won't come screaming through again bringing a huge dump of snow; I'd kind of like to put the snow shovel away until next winter.
          I've been going to the cattle auction being held every second Monday and the time before last, this good looking little palomino stud with an intelligent eye sold for a measly hundred and fifty bucks.  Having worked with horses years ago and always admiring the stately beasts, I was half-way tempted to bid on him but hell, my riding days ended a long time ago.  The last horse I rode was a beautiful Arabian named Cheyenne.  He belonged to my daughter Paula who changed his name to Tequila Sunrise and by any name, he'd been well-trained and I figured if I could ride him, she could too.  Now, what gets me, if I had bought the little stud horse, last Monday, an excellent English saddle, complete with a sheepskin saddle blanket and a bridle sold for a mere seventy-five bucks - nah - don't even think about it old Lenny boy, you're so doggone sore already, riding a horse for over five minutes would most likely put me in the hospital. The way my back is these days, I have to be real careful or I could wind up sitting on my head.
          Daylight savings or not doesn't really increase the length of the day, no sirree, eyelids are beginning to weight as heavy as an anvil; expect it's time for me to mosey into the house; almost time to grab me some shut-eye - cheers, eh!

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful piece all the effort you put into certainly paid off! I'm hoping you don't put the paint brushes away, I've enjoyed seeing your work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bren - I doubt that the brushes will be put away - I really should do some paintings for the Arts Festival, otherwise, all I've got is the same ole, same ole, that most people have seen already. I've probably got a bit of time remaining before I trade the brushes and paint for a hammer and nails. Wasn't sure if anyone enjoyed watching the painting process but we each have our methods and sometimes it's good to see how someone else paints - I know, over the years, I've learned an awful lot from other artists - cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete